Fit in my 40s: can't sleep? Try these six tricks | Zoe Williams

I cannot tell you which of these things worked: I can only tell you that one of them did

Insomniacs say it’s the only malady in the world that people who don’t suffer it treat with naked glee. “Really? I sleep like a baby!” they will exclaim, as if the good sleeper has actually won a competition against the bad sleeper, one they didn’t know they’d entered.

I was always more like a machine than a baby. Any soft surface or soothing noise and I’d be out, as if someone had unplugged me. Once, I fell asleep under the lovely buzz of a hairdryer, and when I woke up the hairdresser was calling an ambulance. But like hay fever or depression, never having had insomnia is no reliable protection against getting it.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2xMu229

No comments:

Post a Comment