Geraint Thomas eager to enjoy Tour of Britain after whirlwind month

• Tour de France winner plays down chances of winning race
• ‘I’ve not done much in the last month, I’m knackered’

Geraint Thomas is apparently on the point of signing a new contract with Team Sky but is unlikely to take any decision over whether or not he claims team leadership in defending his Tour de France title until November at the earliest, the Welshman said as he prepared to take on the eight-day Tour of Britain, which will probably be his final challenge of the season.

“I haven’t signed with Sky yet but we are pretty close, I’m happy in the team and it has worked well for me I think,” he said. “I’m not thinking about next year too much. Come November we will sit down and see the routes for the different races, the Giro and Tour, make a plan and go from there.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Pq6uXe

No comments:

Post a Comment