I thought ‘Secret Daddy’ was bad enough. Now I’ve discovered something worse | Romesh Ranganathan

My wife has dropped another bombshell

The mystery of “Secret Daddy” has been resolved, I think. For those who don’t read this column religiously, my youngest son told me recently that he has a secret daddy and then wouldn’t tell me who it was. I wasn’t worried about it, because I trust my wife. Then I wrote about it and people started tweeting me to say that they found it concerning, and they hoped I was worrying over nothing. I have nobody to blame but myself. I hadn’t discussed it with my wife before I wrote about it, but even then she never brought it up – and I realised that here was yet another person in my life who doesn’t read my column.

So I told her, and she found it hilarious, before pondering who this secret daddy might be. “He might want a secret daddy because you’re away so much,” she said. This, I felt, was an incredible move. Until then, I had been very much on the front foot during this exchange, but in the space of one comment I became the guilty party. It was so effective, you might almost suspect it had been planned.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2LAKVGr

No comments:

Post a Comment