Fit in my 40s: fancy a game of Ultimate? Let the battle commence | Zoe Williams

Who was going to let go of it first? Well, obviously me. The alternative was punching a 14-year-old in the nose

Never having had much of a sport ethic as a child, and coming from a broken home with no pedigree of hand-eye coordination on either side, Frisbee has always baffled me. I’d watch people in the park, tossing a thing at each other, endlessly. Why that shape of a thing? Why not your cardigan, or a ball? Crucially, what’s the point? I always assumed it was just a complicated way for people who loved fresh air to indicate that they fancied each other.

Ultimate flying disc, on the other hand, has a competitive purpose, and competition I understand, maybe too well. I’m going to tell you the rules, and you’re going to cut this article out and keep it in your pocket, in the event of an Ultimate emergency. Otherwise you’ll spend roughly 50% of the game arguing about them. Trust me.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2WhH6eT

No comments:

Post a Comment