I will walk 500 miles … on an art trail along the Suffolk and Essex coasts

An arts project hopes to bring people together by walking, and in offering the insight of local experts every step of the way

It’s the little terns and the avocets that do the trick: convincing me that I’ve made the right decision to be here. I am walking along the shoreline when I stumble on a gang of RSPB volunteers, more particularly Karen, who points out the egg of a little tern, lying in the shingle, so fragile and delicate.

I would not have seen it. I might have stood on it. I certainly would have missed the avocets with their elegantly up-curved bills and their three chicks. “We’re very excited,” says Karen, “We’ve never had them here before.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3qP8MmF

No comments:

Post a Comment