The perpetrators: inside the minds of men who abuse women

A pioneering project in Cumbria aims to change male behaviour and work towards ending violence against women and girls in the UK

Andy*, 30, a painter and decorator, says he has known violence for much of his life. “I want a relationship but I don’t know how,” he says. “I was told if you want someone else to be comfortable in your company, you first have to be comfortable in your own company. It’s hard, but I’m trying.”

He has been in and out of prison since he was a teenager. On one occasion, he was jailed when he found his then girlfriend with another man – “I saw red.” He attacked the man and bit off his ear. He says she intervened: “I grabbed her by the throat and pushed her to get her off me. She banged her head.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3qk1pp7

No comments:

Post a Comment