Bring on the four-day working week for teachers | Holly Rigby

The Labour proposal for a shorter working week would help burnt-out staff and address shortages

Since I started teaching part-time, my Friday mornings have begun to look remarkably different. Rather than waking up at 5:30am as I do during the rest of the week, I roll out of bed at a leisurely hour and often start my day with a yoga class. After enjoying the luxury of breakfast at my kitchen table instead of a classroom desk, I spend the rest of the day planning my year 10 lessons for the following week. Occasionally, I treat myself by popping out to the post office or the bank. More often than not, I’m sending emails trying to secure writing commissions – now I am teaching part-time, I need to find other ways to top up my income.

Related: The Guardian view on teacher shortages: the trouble with data | Editorial

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2GfaIPR

No comments:

Post a Comment