Why ‘I’ve rented my dress’ could soon be the most fashionable thing to say

With a younger generation keen to cut down on waste without sacrificing style, online rental apps are taking off

When planning her outfit for an upcoming awards ceremony, Lily Murphy was wary of two things – how much she spent on clothes and the impact on the environment. The solution was to rent a dress from someone who had the style and fit she wanted.

“I have become really aware of my over-consumption of fashion over the years,” says the 26-year-old PR manager. “I have also become aware of how much money I have spent on clothes, and how frequently I wear a new outfit and then lose interest in ever wearing it again. I think this is typical of young women, especially when you buy something with one event in mind.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/30IjQJk

No comments:

Post a Comment